October 18, 2016 by Sarah Mendoza
Google never ceases to amaze me in the resources it creates for designers, developers, and people in general. Even when it comes to fonts. Yes, fonts.
Font.Google.com has had a new look for a couple months now, and the user experience is quite pleasing. It’s so much easier to use and the new style is legit.
Google Fonts cool, new features include:
- Featured collections. Wonderful for inspiration!
- Awesome filters, like Trending and Popular.
- View a selected font family – any way YOU want.
- A nifty pie chart displaying which country a font is most popular in.
- Bios. Yes, we can read a font’s history and how many times a certain font was served by Google Font’s API in a week!
- You can also change the color background of the Google fonts directory. Pretty neat.